Baked Asiago Frittata
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Note: For a lower fat version, substitute 2 cups refrigerated egg substitute for the 8 eggs.
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten*
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- In 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook and stir broccoli, onions and garlic over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir crumbled veggie sausage patties, basil, salt and pepper into vegetable mixture. Pour eggs over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15 to 19 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato. Cut into wedges.
Reviews and Comments: