Tea-Smoked Salmon with Honey and Lavender Glaze
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Keating, www.Healthy-Delicious.com
- 2 bags Tazo Chai tea
- 1 bag Tazo Wild Sweet Orange tea
- 2 tablespoons dry rice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender
- 8 ounces sockeye salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- While grill heats, prepare smoking packet by placing contents of tea bags, rice and brown sugar onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle tea with a few drops of water (less than 1/4 teaspoon - just enough so that it's barely damp). Loosely fold foil around ingredients to form a flat packet. Place packet directly on coals/burner of heated grill (under the grate). Close the lid and wait 10 minutes for packet to begin to create smoke.
- Pat salmon dry and brush with olive oil. Add to grill, skin-side up, away from direct heat - if grill has an upper rack, that's the perfect place for it. Close lid and let cook for 5 minutes. Flip and let cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until it's cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, add honey and lavender to small saucepan set over low heat. Heat through until honey melts and becomes very thin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Brush glaze over salmon just prior to serving.
Reviews and Comments: