American Lamb Sandwich with Tzatziki Sauce
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipes courtesy of Kendall-Jackson Executive Chef Justin Wangler
- Leftover roasted leg of lamb
For tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grate cucumber with a box grater. Place grated cucumber in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add dill, mint, yogurt, garlic and lemon juice. Squeeze as much liquid from cucumber as possible and add cucumber to the yogurt. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Fill warm flatbread or pita with sliced leftover leg of lamb, thinly sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and chilled tzatziki sauce.
Reviews and Comments: