Mini Crab and Cream Cheese Flautas
Start to Finish Time
Makes 24 mini flautas
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: Serve some Ortega Guacamole Style Dip too, and encourage double dipping.
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) pasteurized crab meat, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) Ortega Fired-Roasted Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 8-inch Ortega Flour Soft Tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Ortega Salsa Verde
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat to 375°F. Line platter with paper towels.
- Combine crab meat, chiles and cream cheese in medium bowl.
- Spread about 1/4 cup mixture down middle of tortilla and firmly roll like a cigar. Keep tortilla roll closed with 4 tooth-picks. Cut between toothpicks into four equal pieces; set aside. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Place pieces carefully into hot oil. Cook 1 minute or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sour cream and salsa verde in small bowl: mix well. Serve with flautas as dip.
Reviews and Comments: