Beef Taco Salad with Guacamole Dressing
Start to Finish Time
Makes 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: For more color and nutrition, add other fresh vegetables to the salad, including shredded carrots, sliced radishes, sliced cucumbers or broccoli florets.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Ortega Whole Grain Corn Taco Kit - includes 10 taco shells, 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix and 1 packet (3 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, diced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Ortega Guacamole Style Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until translucent. Add beef; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Stir in water; add seasoning mix and taco sauce from taco kit; mix well. Cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Break taco shells from taco kit into bite sized pieces in large salad bowl. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; toss to combine. Add meat mixture; toss to combine.
- Combine guacamole dip and mayonnaise in small bowl; pour over salad. Toss lightly. Serve warm salad immediately.
Reviews and Comments: