Malted Ice Cream Pie with a Waffle Cone Crust
Makes 12 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
NOTE: Ovaltine Chocolate Malt, Ovaltine Rich Chocolate and Nestlé Nesquik Chocolate Flavor Powder taste great in the pie, too.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups finely crushed or ground waffle or sugar cones (about 12 cones total. Waffle cones will yield 2 cups, sugar 1 1/2 cups.)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) Vanilla Dreyer's or Edy's Slow Churned Light
- Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Ovaltine Classic Malt Mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons lowfat milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Chopped malt balls (optional)
- COMBINE crushed cones, honey and butter in large bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and up side of plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- REMOVE ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping. For topping, combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for 5 hours or until firm.
- SPRINKLE with chopped malt balls. Cut into 12 wedges (crust will be crumbly but oh so good!).
Reviews and Comments: