Grilled Skirt Steak with Tomato-Infused Marinade
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds skirt steak
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 28-ounce can Italian-style peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- To marinate meat: Place all marinade ingredients in food processor and process for 2 minutes into a smooth liquid paste. Place meat in a large resealable plastic bag and cover with the marinade Seal bag and swish marinade around to make sure it coats all of the meat. Let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours - preferably overnight - turning twice.
- To cook meat: Preheat grill or broiler to high. Cook the skirt steak 4 to 6 minutes per side, according to your liking. Cover with foil and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- To serve: Cut steak into slices and serve with Tomato, Burrata and Arugula Salad.