Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice from one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- In bowl of food processor combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar and cumin; process until smooth. Add chives.
- Place wings on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and grill for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- With a pastry brush or spoon, brush sauce on wings. Cook for about 1 minute, and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute. Wings should register 170°F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve wings garnished with lime wedges.
Reviews and Comments: