Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipe Courtesy of: The Shrimp Council and "Bob & Joe's Smart Seafood Guide, A Practical Look at Seafood."
- 1 1/2 pounds medium/large shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 1 jar (26 ounces) prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Rinse shrimp and drain in colander. In large pot, boil water for pasta. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and reduce heat to low. Sauté garlic until soft. Add shrimp and cook uncovered for approximately 5 minutes on each side, until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In separate saucepan, heat marinara sauce and season to taste with crushed red pepper. Add shrimp to marinara sauce and keep warm. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for three minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in serving dish. Top with shrimp and marinara sauce.
Reviews and Comments: