- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 large Poblano chilis, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 pounds ground meat
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 12-ounce cans tomato paste
- 28 ounces Wholly Salsa(spiciness depends on you)
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. When hot, add the onion, Poblano and garlic. Sweat until onions are translucent.
- Add ground meat and stir to break it up. When meat is completely brown, drain and return to heat.
- Add dried seasonings and stir to combine. Add tomato paste, stir to combine, and allow it to cook for 5 minutes. Add all of the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste to see if you need any more salt.
- For a thicker version (for hot dogs, chili burgers, etc.), omit the chicken stock.
Reviews and Comments: