Chicken with Salsa Over Asparagus
Start to Finish Time
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 medium sized bunches of asparagus, ends trimmed, lower stalks peeled if tough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups Sabra Salsa (your favorite variety)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place asparagus on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Toss to coat asparagus, evenly.
- Oil a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish and lay in chicken breasts.
- Mix together salsa and whipping cream. Spoon over chicken breasts and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place baking sheet with asparagus in oven and bake 15 minutes longer until asparagus is browned and crunchy-tender, making sure to turn them a couple times during baking.
- Arrange a portion of the asparagus on warm dinner plates and lay a chicken breast over each portion. Stir sauce in pan and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Reviews and Comments: