Amazing Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos
Start to Finish Time
6 servings (2 tacos each)
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Substitution: Can't find the Cheese 'n Salsa dip? Try 4 ounces Mexican prepared cheese product, cubed, or another soft cheese that melts easily. If you prefer less spice, use regular prepared cheese product.
- 1 pound lean (at least 80 percent) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso 40 percent less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso Cheese 'n Salsa dip (from 15-ounce jar)
- 1 box (7.4 ounce) Old El Paso hard and soft taco shells
- (6 hard corn shells and 6 soft flour tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in dip until well mixed.
- Heat taco shells and tortillas as directed on box.
- Fill heated taco shells and tortillas with warm beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and bacon.
Reviews and Comments: