Roasted Turkey with Pistachios and Orange
- Olive oil
- 1 13-ounce to 1-pound turkey breast, skin left on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large oranges, segmented, membrane, seeds and pith removed (24 segments total)
- 4 tablespoons pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/ 2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Season turkey breast with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat an 8 to 10-inch ovenproof sauté pan with olive oil over medium high heat. Place breast skin side down in hot pan, searing until skin is golden brown, for approximately 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to middle shelf of preheated oven, continuing to roast turkey skin side down for approximately 10 to 12 more minutes. Turkey should be done when internal meat temperature is between 170°F and 180°F and the flesh feels slightly firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
- In sauce pan, heat chicken stock over medium heat and reduce by half. Add butter and swirl into reduced stock over low heat. Add orange segments, gently tossing them in sauce and season lightly with salt and pepper. Taste and correct seasoning. Set aside on very low heat to keep warm.
- To serve, slice turkey on a bias into thin slices and overlap slices in a fan. Spoon warm orange sauce over turkey, and sprinkle with toasted pistachios. Garnish with chives and serve immediately on its own or with prepared rice or potatoes.
Reviews and Comments: