Shrimp Watermelon Sate
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 16 shrimp jumbo, cleaned, poached and chilled
- 16 pieces 2 inch cubes seedless watermelon
- 1 serving fresh basil leaves or baby romaine leaves for garnish
- Slowly blend seasoned rice vinegar into peanut butter until completely blended. Stir in garlic, ginger and soy sauce until mixed well. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons dressing over shrimp and toss to coat them well. Chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, alternate shrimp and watermelon cubes on 4 skewers, and baste with remaining dressing. Serve over fresh basil leaves or romaine leaves.
Reviews and Comments: