1 hour plus 3 hours refrigeration time and 2 hours freezing time
Serves 28 (1 lollipop or square, 1/28th of a 9-inch cake)
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 5 per serving
- 24 ounces Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 28 lollipop or Popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar until light, fluffy. Add flour, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest. Beat until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch square baking pan; spread evenly. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cheesecake comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool completely, approximately 1 hour.
- Once cool, cover pan tightly with foil. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator. Scoop out 28 balls (roughly 2 tablespoons in size) with measuring spoon or small ice cream scoop. Place balls on baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart. Insert stick firmly in middle of each ball. Freeze 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, make ganache. In double boiler or Pyrex bowl placed over pan of steaming, not yet simmering water, heat chocolate chips, half-and-half over low heat, whisking continuously until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip lollipops into ganache until 3/4 of each lollipop is covered. Return to baking sheet. Allow to harden. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
Reviews and Comments: