Almond Orange Cardamom Cookies
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 28 whole natural almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds onto an ungreased baking pan. Bake about 7 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to ensure even browning.
- Place slivered almonds in food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, cardamom and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter in medium bowl and beat at medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolk, orange zest and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture and ground almonds and beat at low speed just until blended. Cover and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Press a whole natural almond in the center of each ball.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the underside is lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Reviews and Comments: