Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tabasco brand Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove vegetables to bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to same saucepan. Cook ground chicken over medium-high heat until well browned on all sides, stirring constantly. Stir in chili powder, cumin and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, water and Buffalo style hot sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans; cook 5 minutes longer.
- To serve, top each serving with crumbled blue cheese.
Reviews and Comments: