Blast Off Snack Cake
- Rocket Mini Pan
- 1 package (9 ounces) small cake or snack cake mix
- Ingredients to prepare mix
- Color-N-Swirl Bright Icing Kit
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini candy-coated chocolates
- Color-N-Swirl Primary Icing Kit
- Regular and large spice drops
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Rocket Mini Pan with vegetable pan spray.
- Prepare cake mix following package instructions. Pour into prepared pan, filling 2/3 full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Trim off top and engine detail from cake. Reserve trimmed pieces for another use such as a pudding topper or for cake balls. With spatula or butter knife, ice smooth using violet tube icing from icing kit.
- Using round tip and orange tube icing from icing kit, pipe space man face. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Cut marshmallow in half for eyes. With cut sides down, attach to space man face. Pipe pupils and mouth with blue tube icing from icing kit. Attach mini candy-coated chocolates with icing.
- Using star tip and yellow tube icing from icing kit, pipe star pattern on cake. Cut regular spice drops in half. Attach to cake, cut sides down, with icing. Cut large spice drops into slices to resemble flames. Attach to cake with violet tube icing from icing kit.
Reviews and Comments: