Hold That Line Hummus Dip
"No need to pass on fabulous dips to maintain your diet," said Shield. "Thanks to the protein and fiber in chickpeas, hummus is light, yet heart-healthy enough to satisfy hungry sports fans. Try this easy recipe for happy game day guests."
Makes 8 (1/4 cup) servings
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 package Hidden Valley Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Dash of paprika for garnish
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, salad dressing and seasoning mix and water until very smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add tahini paste and process an additional 2 minutes.
- Spread hummus into a shallow serving bowl.
- Sprinkle top with paprika.
Reviews and Comments: