Roasted Chicken with Harvest Fruit and Veggie Chutney
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Contributed by: Diane Henderiks, RD
- 4 3-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry and lightly pounded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Welch's 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 chestnuts, roasted, shelled and diced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1/3 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken lightly with salt; generously with pepper.
- Arrange chicken smooth-side up in small roasting pan. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, then brown under broiler for a few minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, make chutney. In medium saucepan, combine first 8 ingredients (grape juice through ginger). Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes. Stir in herbs; keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 1 chicken breast on each plate. Using slotted spoon, top with 1/4 of chutney.
Reviews and Comments: