Sunrise Breakfast Casserole
Yield 12 to 15 servings
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups salsa or picante sauce, optional
- Place sausage on a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Add hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.