Sausage Mushroom Quiche
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain well and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs and cream.
- Stir in cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sausage mixture. Pour into baked pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over-browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Reviews and Comments: