Cheesy Potato & Corned Beef Hash
Preparation and Cooking Time
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package Betty Crocker Hash Brown Potatoes
- 4 cups very hot water
- 1-1/2teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2cups frozen onion and bell pepper strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fully cooked corned beef brisket (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cover potatoes with very hot water in 2-1/2 quart bowl. Stir in salt. Let stand uncovered 5 to 8 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onion and bell pepper strips; cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until soft.
- Stir in potatoes; spread firmly and evenly in skillet.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Cook uncovered without turning or stirring, 3 to 7 minutes or until bottom is brown. Sprinkle with corned beef and cheese; press firmly. Turn with pancake turner. Cook 1 minute longer without stirring. Sprinkle with parsley.
Reviews and Comments: