Banana Nut Pound Cake Pudding
- 4 Sara Lee Pound Cake Slices, or 2 (1/2-inch) slices from 1 package of Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 small ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (optional)
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Thaw 4 pound cake slices according to package directions. Cut pound cake slices into 1/2-inch squares and place on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, vanilla and brown sugar until well blended. Set aside.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray. If using, sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans onto prepared baking dish. Top with toasted pound cake and banana slices and pour egg mixture on top. Press down pound cake cubes with back of spoon to submerge completely; let stand 10 minutes. If using, sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Reviews and Comments: