Double Blueberry Muffins
Chocolate Chunk Blueberry Muffins: For an extra indulgent muffin, add 1/4 cup semi-sweet or white chocolate chunks to the batter just before baking.
Citrus Blueberry Muffins: Add 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange or lemon peel to the egg mixture before mixing with flour mixture.
Note: Recipe makes 24 to 30 miniature muffins. Spray pan with no-stick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1-1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 cups Post Selects Blueberry Morning cereal
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- MIX flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl; stir in milk and butter. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in cereal and blueberries.
- SPOON batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Reviews and Comments: