Asiago Cheese, Bacon and Egg Tart
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 7 slices Boar's Head Fully Cooked Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups Boar's Head Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Boar's Head Asiago Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In food processor, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 10-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking oil spray. Heat bacon as directed on the package; crumble into egg mixture.
- In small skillet, heat butter over medium heat and sauté mushrooms until tender; add to egg mixture. Mix in chives and provolone cheese.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and sprinkle asiago cheese on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until tart is set and top is golden brown.
Reviews and Comments: