"Made It Myself" Tasty Treats
Yield Each treat serves 1
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 packages (10 to 11 ounces each) regular marshmallows (about 60 marshmallows)
- 9 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup assorted diced dried fruit
- 1 cup pecans or other nuts, chopped (optional)
- Ice Cream Cone, Sunglasses, Sandal, Cupcake, Bear, Jersey or other favorite metal cookie cutters
- Primary and Bright Color-N-Swirl Icing Kits or favorite colors Decorating Icing in a tube
- Sparkle Gel, assorted colors
- Mega Sprinkles Tote
- Adults: Line a 12 x 18-inch cookie pan with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to overhang pan edges, about 2 inches. Spray plastic wrap with vegetable pan spray.
- In Dutch oven or very large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, dried fruit and, if desired, pecans; mix thoroughly. Firmly press cereal mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove treat from pan by lifting out plastic wrap to cake board or other flat surface. Set out assorted icing and sprinkles.
- Kids: Cut rice cereal treat using cookie cutters. Decorate as desired with icing, Sparkle Gel and sprinkles.
Reviews and Comments: