Summer Squash & Mushroom Frittata
More than one-third of Americans stated vegetables as their favorite ingredient to pair with eggs, according to the Harris Interactive survey, which makes this recipe a crowd pleaser.
Makes 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipe by Candice Kumai
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup summer squash, thinly sliced
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs, beaten well
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Coat non-stick, oven-proof skillet with olive oil; heat on stove over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 8 to10 minutes or until soft. Add bell pepper and squash; cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, basil, tarragon and sea salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and onions in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. When eggs begin to set, gently run a heat-proof spatula around edge of skillet. Cook until eggs are firm. While eggs are cooking, pre-heat oven broiler to medium-high.
- Remove skillet from heat; place tomato slices on top of frittata, and sprinkle cheese. Place under oven broiler for a few minutes, until cheese is melted.
Reviews and Comments: