Chocolate Chiffon Pie
For warm-weather entertaining, whip up a mouthwatering Chocolate Chiffon Pie. This light and airy dessert is perfect for a midsummer's luncheon or a family reunion. A no-fuss treat that just needs to chill out in the refrigerator - no baking required.
Servings 6 or 8 servings
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (6-ounce) ready-made chocolate or graham cracker crumb pie crust
- Additional whipped cream
- In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute over low heat, stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir gelatin into chocolate mixture. Add vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust.
- Chill 3 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped cream. Store covered in refrigerator.
Reviews and Comments: