30 Minutes to Homemade Strawberry Jam
Makes about 4 cups
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Important Tip for Jam Recipes: To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
- 2 cups prepared fruit (buy about 1 quart fully ripe strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl (see tip below)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin
- RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring mixture to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring for 1 minute. Stir pectin mixture into fruit mixture. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 minutes. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- FILL each container quickly to within 1/2 inch of top. Wipe off top edges of containers; quickly cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator. Makes about 6 (1-cup) containers.
- Certo Strawberry Jam: Omit water and boiling step. Mix 1 pouch Certo Fruit Pectin and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in small bowl. Stir into fruit mixture in bowl. Continue as directed above.
Reviews and Comments: