30 Minutes to Homemade Strawberry-Orange Jam
Makes about 6 (1-cup) containers
- 2 cups prepared fruit (buy about 1 pint fully ripe strawberries and 1 orange)
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box Sure-Jell fruit pectin
- RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 1-1/2 cups prepared strawberries into large bowl. Grate the orange; measure 2 teaspoons grated peel into bowl. Section the orange, removing membrane. Chop the sections; add to bowl. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring mixture to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring for 1 minute. Stir pectin mixture into fruit mixture. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 minutes. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- FILL each container quickly to within 1/2 inch of top. Wipe off top edges of containers; quickly cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator.
Reviews and Comments: