Candy Bar Bars
15 minutes + 25 minutes
Makes 4 dozen bars
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 4 cups chopped candy bars (such as chocolate-coated, caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts; chocolate-covered crisp wafers; chocolate-covered caramel-topped cookie bars or chocolate-covered peanut butter cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish). In large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter; add brown sugar and soda and beat well. Stir in flour and oats. Set aside 1 3/4 cups of the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir egg into remaining peanut butter mixture in bowl; pat into a 15x10-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread sweetened condensed milk over the crust. Stir together reserved peanut butter mixture and chopped candy bars; sprinkle over all.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut. Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature.
Reviews and Comments: