Summer Shrimp Kebabs
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: Kebabs may also be cooked in a very hot conventional oven or on a charcoal grill. If cooked on a grill, baste with the marinade as they cook.
Metal skewers are best for this recipe; if wooden skewers are used, soak them in water before using. This will help keep them from charring.
Kebabs also make a delicious filling for a wrap. Serve kebabs on hot flour tortillas with a choice of condiments such as salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimientos
- 1/4 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice from Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic, divided
- 12 peeled shrimp, about 1/2 pound
- 1 summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 12 mushrooms, medium size
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- Combine olive oil, pimientos, lemon juice from concentrate and 1 tablespoon Seafood Magic in a blender. Process at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Place mixture in a bowl and set aside. Mixture may be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Thread shrimp and vegetables onto four 12-inch skewers (3 shrimp per skewer). Alternate shrimp with groups of vegetables to make an attractive presentation. Top each skewer with a cherry tomato. Brush each kebab lightly and evenly with the olive oil/pimiento mixture, then sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon Seafood Magic on each kebab, making sure all sides are seasoned evenly.
- Cook the kebabs in a convection oven at 375°F for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through and vegetables begin to brown on the edges.
- Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: