Texas Black Bean Caviar
Makes 2 cups
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: These beans also make a delicious accompaniment for meat, fish or poultry, and they are especially good as a filling for burritos or as an accompaniment for fajitas.
- 3 (16-ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (4 ounce) jars sliced pimientos
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice from Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Barbecue Magic
- 1 tablespoon Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped, about 1 cup
- 3 jalapeno chilies, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Drain beans and discard liquid. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours in sealed container to allow flavors to marinate.
- When ready to serve, place mixture in a bowl and top with diced pimientos. Accompany with an assortment of crackers, bread or chips.
Reviews and Comments: