Apple-Scotch Snack Cake
- 2/3 cup Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups peeled and finely chopped apples
- 1-1/3 cups Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- For topping, measure ingredients into small bowl. With clean fingers, mix until crumbly; set aside.
- For cake, measure flour, oats, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Stir with wooden spoon. In small bowl, blend brown sugar and eggs with wire whisk. Whisk in 1-1/4 cups milk, butter and vanilla. Add to flour mixture all at once; add apples. Stir gently just until combined. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels; crumble reserved topping evenly over morsels.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven to wire rack. In small microwavable bowl, place remaining 1/3 cup morsels and 1-1/2 teaspoons milk. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds; stir until smooth. Carefully drizzle over hot cake in pan. Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired. Store tightly covered.
Reviews and Comments: