Autumn Acorn Squash Soup
Sweetened condensed milk is the secret ingredient to making this savory, smooth and creamy soup recipe. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Rebekah R., Appleton, Wis.
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken bone stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups cooked acorn squash, mashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- SAUTE the onion and celery in butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, bouillon, dill, curry and cayenne pepper. Gradually add chicken stock and sweetened condensed milk.
- BOIL for 2 minutes. Add the squash, salt and pepper.
- PLACE in blender; blend in batches until smooth. Pour into bowls; garnish with bacon.
Reviews and Comments: