Asian Shrimp Butter
Makes 28 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: Lobster or crab shells may be substituted for shrimp. For an extra garnish, roll butter up in sushi paper (seaweed) as you would a California roll.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shrimp shells
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- Rice wine, to taste
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Combine butter and shrimp shells in pan and stir constantly over low heat until butter is completely melted. Strain butter and shells. Throw shells away. Place butter back in pan, over low heat, and add salt and pepper. Add ginger, garlic and rice wine, cook lightly. Add raw scallions last. Refrigerate. When butter is solid, place in mixer and add oyster sauce.
Reviews and Comments: