Grilled Chicken Fajitas
20 minutes, plus 30 minutes marinating
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into
- 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into
- 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
Condiments for fajitas
- 12 La Tortilla Factory® Hand Made Style White Corn Tortillas
- Sour cream
- In small bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients. Place chicken breasts and marinade in a large sealable bag. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible, and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill, charcoal or gas. If using charcoal, light one chimney full of charcoal. When all charcoal is covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over charcoal grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook over high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, 4 minutes per side, until cooked to an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Remove and allow to rest five to ten minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- Toss peppers and onion with a little olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Place a cast iron skillet directly on the hot coals, or on grill grates for gas grill. When heated, add in the peppers and onions. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until they are soft and nicely browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on grill until warm.
- Assemble fajitas with vegetables, chicken and a dollop of sour cream.
Reviews and Comments: