Amazing Breakfast Muffin Cups
Makes 12 muffin cups / Serves 12
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Option: This recipe can be doubled to make Jumbo Breakfast Muffin Cups. Press hash brown mixture into 12 greased jumbo muffin cups. Bake crust for 12 minutes. Fill cups and bake 22 to 24 minutes or until set.
- 3 cups hash browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 links Johnsonville Original breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Fresh chives or green onions, chopped
- In bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Divide sausage among muffin cups.
- Combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until set.
Reviews and Comments: