Back From the Grave Cake
Makes about 12 servings
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 cups diced Granny Smith apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 can (16 ounces) White Decorator Icing
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 3D Skeleton Casket pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mix well. Alternately add flour mixture and applesauce to butter mixture. Spread about 1/2 of cake batter so that it reaches the first horizontal line inside the pan. Sprinkle diced apples evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, smoothing out the top.
- Bake 58 to 62 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on cooling grid.
- Decorate cooled cake with tip 5 and decorator icing.
Reviews and Comments: