Bacon Mac & Cheese
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Recipe by Chef Michael Symon
(credit for Bacon Mac & Cheese photo) - (c) Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.
- 1 quart (4 cups) heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced, fried crisp and drained
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or short hollow pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained, reserving 3 teaspoons pasta water
- 8 ounces Roth Grand Cru Gruyere, grated
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Place cream in large saucepan with rosemary. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil and keep at boil until reduced by half (be patient, this takes some time). Stir in bacon and pasta and simmer until hot; add the cheese and reserved pasta water. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: