Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes
Start to Finish Time
16 mini cakes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (1-pound) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot but not boiling. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour 16 (2 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch) muffin cups. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Place 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon cold chocolate mixture on top of batter in center of each cup.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute. Carefully remove from pan; place on parchment paper. Cool 10 minutes. Frost with chocolate frosting. Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with strawberry slices. Serve warm.
Reviews and Comments: