Southwestern Steak Salad
Nutrients per serving:
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup Lindsay Spanish Sliced Salad Olives, drained
- 1/3 cup Lindsay Black Ripe Sliced Olives, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 well-trimmed beef strip steaks, (10 to 12 ounces each) cut about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed gourmet salad greens or 4 cups packed torn mixed greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to high. In small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup canola oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add both olives and red bell pepper; mix well. Let stand while preparing steaks.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper; mix well. Brush steaks with remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks 2 to 3 minutes per side or until medium rare. Transfer to a carving board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens and tomatoes on four serving plates. Carve steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange over greens. Spoon olive mixture over steak and greens; garnish with cilantro.
Reviews and Comments: