Spicy Thai Crab and Sweet Corn Fritters
2008 Grand Prize winning recipe by: Edwina Gadsby of Great Falls, Mont.
Makes 6 appetizer or first-course servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Serve with a bottle of chilled Rías Baixas Albariño wine.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained, flaked and picked over for cartilage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) or canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or Thai basil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- Thai Chili Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce or other favorite dipping sauce
- In medium bowl combine eggs, fish or soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and ginger. Stir in crabmeat, corn, green onions and cilantro. Add flour; stir until ingredients are combined.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2-inch canola oil until hot. Carefully spoon crab mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil, flattening slightly with spoon. Cook fritters about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Reviews and Comments: