French Toast Waffles
Kids love this delicious variation on a classic breakfast treat!
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Reduced Fat Milk Plus DHA Omega-3
- 3 large Horizon Organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon Horizon Organic butter, melted and cooled
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind (optional)
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices day-old French bread or whole wheat Texas Toast
- Coat a standard waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and preheat. (Note: Do not use a Belgian waffle iron - the chambers are too deep.)
- If bread is not already day-old, place slices on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes at 350°F to dry out.
- In wide-bottom bowl whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and orange rind. Dip a slice of bread in egg mixture and soak well. Remove and repeat with another slice.
- Place bread slices on hot waffle iron. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until light brown and crisped on top. Repeat procedure with remaining bread. Serve with fresh fruit, powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Reviews and Comments: