Greek Burger Sliders with Avocado Tzatziki
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 4 brioche rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 cucumber slices (optional)
- 4 thin slices red onion (optional)
- Stir together all avocado tzatziki ingredients (see recipe) and chill in fridge at least one hour or longer.
- With your hands or a wooden spoon, mix ground beef, olives, feta, dill, breadcrumbs, onion, scallions, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape the meat mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or pan grill over medium heat for 5 minutes per side. The burgers should no longer be pink in the center.
- To serve, place each burger on a roll, spoon on a little tzatziki, and top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and onion slices to your taste.
Reviews and Comments: