Fresh Apple Easter Cake
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 medium Washington Apples (Braeburn or Granny Smith) peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins, optional
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle walnuts in bottom of greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan; set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and water in large bowl with mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes or until well blended. Stir in apples and raisins if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 55 to 65 minutes or until tooth-pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes; invert onto rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Reviews and Comments: