It’s getting so chilly outside! When did that happen? Time flies when you’re having fun and cooking for loved ones.
I have one of my family’s favorite recipes to share with you today. It’s creamy (obviously), rich and literally everyone loves it. It’s a classic!
It’s a Creamy Mac and Cheese Casserole. It’s perfect for any get-together or just a quiet evening at home with family, but warning, there will most likely be leftovers. But that’s OK with me!
This recipe is not only a crowd-pleaser, but kids go absolutely bananas for Mac and Cheese. The secret to perfecting this casserole is adding a bit of extra seasoning and, of course, a whole lot of love.
Start by preheating your oven and cooking your noodles according to the package directions. Simple enough.
Now it’s time to make the cheese sauce! Begin with your dairy products Then here’s the kicker: Add dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. These seasonings enhance the taste and combine with that cheesy goodness to give you an awesome, unique flavor.
Finish up by combining the noodles and sauce then baking. And BAM! You have yourself a meal the whole family will love.
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- 12 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Slowly whisk in milk, cream, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- In large bowl, add cooked macaroni and cheese sauce. Mix well and pour into greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 18-24 minutes, or until bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.
I literally want to make this for dinner tonight. Don’t you? If you decide to give it a try, you can tag us at @culinary_net on Instagram and use #MyCulinaryConnection.
My name is Haley and I’m the Editorial Assistant here at Family Features. I love to be creative, not only in my career, but in the kitchen as well. At Family Features, I handle the design work and file prep for distribution, but in the kitchen, you can brace yourself for some mouthwatering main dishes and bright Holiday ideas. Stay tuned for more!