(Family Features) Planning snacks you can enjoy with your children is a winning parenting strategy for spending more time together while creating tasty treats.
Take it a step further with a recipe like these Homemade Fudgsicles, which are an ideal example of an easy treat made with the goodness of real milk kids can help make, giving them an added incentive to enjoy moments together. To help your children reach the recommended 2-3 servings of dairy each day, serve with a glass of milk.
Find more snack recipes at milkmeansmore.org.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means More
Total time: 10 minutes plus 12 hours chill time
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ice pop sticks
- In pot over medium heat, heat milk, sugar, cocoa powder, honey and salt, stirring often, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Pour into ice pop molds and insert sticks then freeze until firm, about 12 hours.
- Remove ice pops from molds and place in freezer-safe bag until ready to eat.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ice Pops
- 1 cup Tree Top Apple Juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled, sliced and frozen
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, sliced and frozen
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into ice pop forms or paper cups. Place ice pop sticks in center and freeze, inverted, for 3 hours or until solid. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Source: Tree Top
- 1 container (8 ounces) lemon nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
Frozen Smoothie Pops
- Strawberry Shake
- Small paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- In blender or food processor, process yogurt, watermelon, strawberries and banana until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
Frozen Smoothie Pop
- Pour prepared Watermelon Strawberry Shake into small paper cups.
- Freeze, inserting popsicle sticks or plastic spoons when mixture is partially frozen. Or, pour Watermelon Strawberry Shake into ice cream machine.
- Set and enjoy.