- 1 10 3/4-ounce can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Stir soup and sour cream in small bowl.
- Heat butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chili powder and cook until tender. Add chicken, chilies and 2 tablespoons soup mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup soup mixture in an 11- by 8-inch (2-quart) shallow baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings
Choose from Tex-Mex, Swedish, Chinese, or Middle Eastern flavors
Basic Meatball Mixture
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat or poultry, or any combination (ground beef, veal, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil, or line pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground meat, onion, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoning for the flavor of meatball you want.
- Form 48 meatballs from mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until meatballs reach 160°F (165°F if using ground poultry).
- If not serving immediately, keep warm in a 200°F oven or cool and refrigerate in shallow containers.
- Accompany the meatballs with dipping sauce listed for meatball variety.
- Tex-Mex Meatballs - Ground beef stands up to hearty flavors. Seasoning for meatball mixture: 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder and 1 teaspoon ground cumin. Dipping sauce: purchased chunky salsa or green tomatillo salsa.
- Swedish Meatballs - Ground turkey or chicken gives a delicate flavor. Seasoning for meatball mixture: 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika and 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg. Dipping sauce: 1 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons (half of a 1-ounce packet) dry onion soup mix, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed. Mix together at least an hour before serving.
- Chinese Meatballs - Get best flavor by using some ground pork. Seasoning for meatball mixture: 1/4 cup chopped almonds, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon ground ginger. Dipping sauce: purchased (10-ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce.
- Middle-Eastern Meatballs - Get best flavor by using ground lamb. Seasoning for meatball mixture: 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle formed meatballs with 2 tablespoons sesame seeds; press into meat. Dipping sauce: 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut-up vegetables*
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 4 cups prepared Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- Stir soups, milk, thyme, black pepper, vegetables and chicken in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Top with stuffing.
- Bake at 400°F 25 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.
Makes 5 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Use a combination of cut green beans and sliced carrots.
Chicken and vegetables are paired in a creamy sauce and topped with a golden biscuit crust. Serve with a mixed green salad, and for dessert, offer ice cream and Pepperidge Farm cookies.
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 package (about 9 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix soup, vegetables and chicken in 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix milk, egg and baking mix; pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: As a variation, substitute Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup.